Why Choose Us?
- Teamwork Oriented Staff
- Safety Standards
- Professional Technicians
- Experienced Sales Staff
- Financial Stability /Insured
- Environmentally Conscious
- Quality Products and Materials
Visit Our Showroom
|Mon - Fri||8:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Sat - Sun||By Appointment|
Proud Memeber Of:
Looking for a way to go green in an urban setting? How about a green roof?
We specialize in green roofs, from the planning and design phases through to delivery, install and maintenance. We have the expertise, experience and certification to install your custom green roof.
What is a Green Roof?
Green roofs are roof covers, with growing vegetation and plants taking the place of the roof's bare membrane. All green roofs include a waterproofing layer, drainage, growing media and the plants, covering the entire roof deck surface.
There are two main types of green roofs - extensive or intensive. With the more recent advances in modular green roof systems, green roofs are becoming more and more popular in urban areas. There are many benefits to installing a green roof, both for the residential or commercial customer as well as for the community as a whole. Green roofs contribute towards LEED certification, and are an important part of green building and urban sustainability.
- Tax Credits.
- Higher selling and rental prices.
- LEED Certification Points.
- Absorbing excess rainwater means municipal septic systems do not have to be expanded as much. It also means reduced overflows as well as reduced pollution and associated costs.
- Extension of Roof Life - Green roofs protect the roofs beneath them by eliminating U.V. radiation and photo degradation, minimizing thermal contraction and expansion (green roofs can reduce temperature fluctuations by as much as 90%), provide protection from winds and mechanical damage - and ultimately extend the membrane life expectancy by up to 30 years.
- Energy Conservation - Green roofs typically reduce indoor temperatures 6 to 8 degrees during warmer weather resulting in reduced air-conditioning costs by 25% to 50% on the top floor. During the winter, green roofs reduce the amount of heat loss keeping the top floor 2 - 3 degrees warmer.
- Improved livability.
- Improved physical and mental health from exposure to nature.
- Improved aesthetics over asphalt, rubber or tar.
- Expanded usefulness of buildings via patios, gardens and vistas.
- Natural views create more productive, healthy, and happier people.
- Urban Heat Island Mitigation - The urban heat island effect is the temperature difference between urban areas and their rural surroundings. Green roof vegetation helps by cooling the air, slowing air movement and reducing pollution.
- Noise Reduction - Green roofs are great acoustic insulators, reducing indoor sound by as much as 40 decibels.
- Reduced Risk of Fire - Succulent green roof plants help reduce the risk of fire. Significantly reduced storm water runoff - The soil in green roof systems acts like a sponge and absorbs excess rain water, reducing runoff by 60%-70% annually.
- Plants and soil help recreate habitat for butterflies, insects, and songbirds.
Call All Seasons Roofing and Waterproofing for the best deal!
Call now for your assessment! 408-971-4455